The news everybody has been waiting for is here: a new Synology router is coming out next year! The RT6600ax Synology Router has just been announced today during Synology’s annual event, 2022 and Beyond. The RT6600ax was referred to as one of the ‘major upgrades’ to Synology’s hardware with a sneak pic at the new router’s design being provided.
The RT6600ax router marks the start of the Wi-Fi 6e era for Synology and represents a great leap forward in software capabilities as the upcoming device will support the 5.9 GHz band from the get-go. The RT6600ax is the ideal router for Wi-Fi heavy environments densely populated with connected devices as it allows for more connections at the same time.
For now, little else is known about the specifics of the new router, and the release date provided during the annual event is vague: 2022. But considering SRM 1.3 is also coming out in the first part of 2022, we can expect the RT6600ax to be released around the same time.
- It will be out in 2022.
- It’s a Wi-Fi 6e router that supports the 5.9 GHz band.
- Supports up to 6600 Mbps.
- 4X4 5GHz.
- Allows for more connections at the same time, perfect for Wi-Fi heavy environments densely populated with connected devices.
- Mesh Wi-Fi support.
- 1x 2.5GbE LAN or WAN ports.
- Classic, but improved design.
- RT6600ax can be mounted on the wall versus its predecessor, the RT2600ac, which cannot.
- 92% better performance when it comes to the number of connections per second (CPS) versus its predecessor, the RT2600ac.
How much does the RT6600ax router cost? The price is not yet known.
When will the RT6600ax router come out? No release date has been provided yet, but the device will likely be launched in the first quarter of 2022.
What CPU does RT6600ax have? The information has not been disclosed yet.
This post was updated on Monday / December 13th, 2021 at 5:51 PM