A few days ago Synology released a new Hyper Backup version number 3.0.2-2432 after they found and fixed different issues. Hyper Backup helps you back up data and LUNs, and retains multiple data backup versions to keep important information handy and easy to track. Hyper Backup also makes restoring data and LUNs simple and straightforward. If the update is available in your country, it should also be available for automatic download in your DSM Package Center in the next days/weeks. If you, like me, don’t want to wait for the automatic package update in Package Center, you can manually download the new Hyper Backup version from the link below.
What’s new in Hyper Backup 3.0.2-2432
- Added support for displaying data transfer speed in the progress bar of a running backup task.
- Fixed an issue where the content of the email notification might not be correct when a single version backup task was finished.
- Fixed an issue where a Microsoft Azure backup task might fail when the connection timed out.
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Azure backup tasks might fail if the Synology NAS connected to a proxy server.
- Fixed an issue where the downloaded “file change detail” file (.csv) might not be opened properly in Microsoft 365 Excel.
- Fixed an issue where downloading data via Backup Explorer might fail.
- Fixed an issue where resuming a cloud service backup task might fail after the task was interrupted by a system shutdown.
- Fixed an issue where canceling a remote NAS backup task might fail when the backup destination was disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where backing up to Amazon S3 Storage might fail.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding lz4 (CVE-2021-3520).
- Fixed the issue where the OpenStack Swift backup tasks might fail if the Synology NAS used Let’s Encrypt certificates.
Not only has Hyper Backup been updated, but so has the Hyper Backup Vault package.
Hyper Backup Vault Update Version 3.0.2-2432 Fixed Issues:
- Upgraded to be compatible with Hyper Backup 3.0.2
This post was updated on Saturday / December 25th, 2021 at 12:16 AM