SRM is the operating system of the Synology RT2600ac and MR2200ac router. The update includes the latest features and enhancements. The 1.2.5-8227-3 SRM update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly. This update fixed 3 different issues:
- Fixed an issue where Synology Router might fail to connect to the NTP server.
- Fixed an issue where SRM might fail to get the information about its IPv6 gateway when PPPoE and DHCPv6-PD were enabled.
- Fixed an issue where SRM might fail to access the Internet via iPhone’s USB tethering.
Note: Below at STEP 3 you can see that SRM 1.3 gets closer and closer because Synology started mentioning SRM 1.3 in a pop-up warning message.
Log in into your RT2600ac router then go to Control Panel / System / Manual SRM Update. Follow the instructions in the image below.
Select and upload the file you have previously download at the beginning of this article. Follow the instructions in the image below.
After you click OK at STEP 2 a new pop-up warning message will open. The message says the following:
Please note that the update to SRM 1.3 brings the following changes:
1. Some features on SRM 1.2 might be adjusted or removed on SRM 1.3. Please refer to this page for further information.
2. Backup configuration files created by SRM 1.2.5 and below cannot be use to restore the configuration of SRM 1.3.
Note: At present the pop-up warning message has nothing to do with SRM version 1.3 because we are going to install SRM version 1.2.5-8227-3 and not SRM version 1.3 – This message that appears to us today is a clear intention of the imminent launch of SRM 1.3
After you click Yes at STEP 3 a new pop up window will appear with the following message: The system cannot be shut down during the update. Do you want to continue? Click Yes. Wait approximatively 5-10 minutes for the update to be completed. Follow the instructions in the image below.
If everything went well, you will see the new SRM Version 1.2.5-8227-3 correctly installed.
This post was updated on Friday / May 13th, 2022 at 2:44 AM