A few days ago Synology released a new Hyper Backup version number 3.0.1-2412 after they found and fixed different issues. Hyper Backup helps you back up data and LUNs, and retains multiple data backup versions to keep important information handy and easy to track. Hyper Backup also makes restoring data and LUNs simple and straightforward. If the update is available in your country, it should also be available for automatic download in your DSM Package Center in the next days/weeks. The updated version of Hyper Backup 3.0.1-2412 is available only for DSM 7 Final release and not for DSM 7 Beta or DSM 7 Preview release. If you don’t find the notification for the automatic package update in Package Center, you can manually download the new Hyper Backup version from the link below.
Hyper Backup Update Version 3.0.1-2412 Fixed Issues:
- Fixed an issue where rsync copy (single-version) backup tasks might fail.
- Fixed an issue where the remote NAS device backup task might fail when a file in the backup source was corrupted.
- Fixed an issue where WebDAV backup tasks might fail.
- Fixed an issue where the backup integrity check on might fail when the backup tasks were on single-core NAS devices.
- Fixed an issue where the restoration of individual files might fail when the backup task had backed up the shared folder of Synology Photos.
- Fixed an issue where the remote NAS device or rsync backup tasks might not be editable when the destination servers were offline.ù
- Fixed an issue where backup tasks might fail when there was an empty directory on Microsoft Azure.
- Fixed an issue where users might not able to resume the cloud service backup tasks which had been paused multiple times.
- Fixed the issue where the size of the downloaded file from Hyper Backup might be different from the backup file on Backblaze S3.
Info: Starting July 31, 2021, SFR discontinues access to SFR NAS Backup through Hyper Backup.
Not only has Hyper Backup been updated, but so has the Hyper Backup Vault package.
Hyper Backup Vault Update Version 3.0.1-2412 Fixed Issues:
- Upgraded to be compatible with Hyper Backup 3.0.1
Note: DSM 7.0 Final Release for FS, SA, XS/XS+ and DVA series models is currently under development and will be available in Q4 (October – November – December) of 2021. So, you can’t update Hyper Backup to version 3.0.1-2412 if you have DSM 7.0 Beta installed on your XS/XS+, SA, FS and DVA models.
Note: Synology Backup Solution Packages.
This post was updated on Friday / December 24th, 2021 at 12:51 AM