On February 25, Synology released Docker version 18.09.0-0515 and today, March 23, they have released a new Docker version 18.09.0-0519 that solves some issues from the February release. Unfortunately, even after over 1000 Feature Inquiries sent to Synology from its users, the daemon version of docker remains outdated and stuck on version 18.09.8
Docker is a lightweight virtualization application that gives you the ability to run thousands of containers created by developers from all over the world on DSM. The hugely popular built-in image repository, Docker Hub, allows you to find shared applications from other talented developers.
- Fixed an issue where containers might not send audit messages when the sudo command is run on the following models:
FS Series: FS3017
XS+/XS Series: RS18016xs+, RS3614xs+, RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+, RS3617xs, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS3612xs, DS3611xs
Plus Series: RS1219+, RS818+, RS818RP+, RS2416+, RS2416RP+, RS815+, RS815RP+, RS2414+, RS2414RP+, RS814+, RS814RP+, RS2212+, RS2212RP+, RS812+, RS812RP+, DS1817+, DS1517+, DS916+, DS716+II, DS716+, DS216+II, DS216+, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, DS415+, DS2413+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS713+, DS1812+, DS1512+, DS412+
- Fixed an issue where the ARG command in a Dockerfile might not be executed properly by environment variables when the image is being created.
- Fixed a security vulnerability (Synology-SA-21:08).
- Fixed an issue where Redmine couldn’t run in Docker 18.09.0-0515.
- Fixed an issue where Redmine 3.4.13-0054 and PACS 5.11.0-0154 couldn’t run if users changed the environment variables.
- Minor bug fixes.
Note: Right now the new Docker version 18.09.0-0519 is incompatible with DSM 7 Beta. So you can only Download and use it in DSM 6.2.4
Note: Unfortunately, even after over 1000 Feature Inquiries sent to Synology from its users, the daemon version of docker remains outdated and stuck on version 18.09.8
This post was updated on Tuesday / June 1st, 2021 at 2:35 PM