A static IP will simplify your life if you are using a Synology NAS for Web Hosting or for Video Surveillance (cameras). A Static IP will never change if you restart your router/modem. A dynamic IP will change everytime you restart your router/modem. With a static IP you can benefit from an online server without having to worry about updating your IP. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t use a dynamic IP for your Synology NAS and web server. You can. It’s just that there are more settings to configure. In the article below I will tell you which ISPs currently offer a Static IP in the United Kingdom.
Fiber Download Speed: 66MB
Fiber Upload Speed: 19MB
Static IP: Yes
Note: Static IP for everyone for just £5 one time payment.
What are the benefits of a Static IP?
- You can configure an FTP, email or web server like mariushosting.
- You can build a virtual network – VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- You have remote access to your computer from any location, no hassle (office, college, terrace, pub etc.).
- You can easily configure servers for online games or you can play in multi-player mode.
- You can view images transmitted by a surveillance IP camera, regardless of location. You can create online video conferences quickly and securely.
- You benefit from increased security online.
This post was updated on Wednesday / November 25th, 2020 at 9:25 PM