SRM is the operating system of the Synology RT2600ac and MR2200ac router. The update includes the latest features and enhancements. The update will be available for selected regions within the following weeks, although the release time in each region may vary slightly. This is a critical update so if you have already installed SRM 1.2.4-8081 Update 1 the SRM 1.2.4-8081 Update 2 is mandatory.
- Added support for ISRG certificates adopted by Let’s Encrypt.
- Added support for IPTV services of Telfort, XS4ALL, and KPN in the Netherlands.
- Added support for Wi-Fi channels permitted by the latest regulations in Israel.
- Improved the flow of first-time installation.
- Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to access the Internet when receiving multiple gateway IP addresses.
- Fixed the issue where SRM might fail to access the Internet via iOS 14’s USB tethering.
- Fixed the hyperlink of the Synology Account web portal displayed in the DDNS setting window.
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities (Synology-SA-20:29).
Note: above you can see the changelog for SRM version 1.2.4-8081 Update 2.
Log in into your RT2600ac router then go to Control Panel / System / Manual SRM Update. Follow the instructions in the image below.
Select and upload the file you have previously download at the beginning of this article. Follow the instructions in the image below.
After you click OK on STEP 2 a new pop up window will appear with the following message: The system cannot be shut down during the update. Do you want to continue? Click Yes. Wait approximatively 5-10 minutes for the update to be completed. Follow the instructions in the image below.
If everything went well, you will see the new SRM version 1.2.4-8081 Update 2 correctly installed.
This post was updated on Saturday / January 2nd, 2021 at 6:16 PM