Today Synology released a new version of DSM 7, code name 7.0.1-42218 Update 1. Only Synology NAS devices with DSM 7.0.1-42218 installed can be updated to this version. The automatic update is not available in all regions yet. It is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly. But if you don’t want to wait for the automatic update, you can manually download the new DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 1 by following the steps below.
Note: After being online for just a few hours, DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 1 was recalled. So, right now you can’t download it anymore. This update has been recalled on January 12, 2022, because of falsely identified license file errors. The issue is fixed in DSM version 7.0.1-42218-2 released on January 13 2022.
Download DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 1 for your NAS model from the link below.
What’s new in DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 1
- Fixed an issue where package logs weren’t rotated after a switchover was performed on SA3200D.
- Fixed an issue where Synology Account might be signed out unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where the user interface response time might be longer when users ran user-defined scripts that included bind mounts.
- Fixed an issue where the time attribute of files on an exFAT-formatted external storage device was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where there might be unexpected file permission changes in Surveillance Station due to multi-threaded file processing.
- Fixed an issue where SSD caches might stop functioning when there is insufficient system memory.
- Fixed an issue where mounting an encrypted shared folder on a Btrfs volume might fail.
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (Synology-SA-22:01)
Go to Control Panel / Update & Restore then click on Manual DSM Update. Select the file you have previously downloaded at STEP 1 then click OK. Follow the instructions in the image below.
After you click OK at STEP 2, a new pop up window will open. Click Yes. Follow the instructions in the image below.
After approximately 10 minutes your new DSM 7 version 7.0.1-42218 Update 1 will be installed on your Synology NAS device.
Note: A new update is also available for DSM 6.2.4 code name 6.2.4-25556-3.
This post was updated on Thursday / January 13th, 2022 at 4:19 PM